War of Kings is a blog dedicated to my favourite comic books, books, games and movies.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Salvo! - Marvel Pocketbooks

Salvo! is a quick thought that I'll post randomly when I think of it.

I'm liking these Marvel Pocketbooks. I got Fantastic Four: The Coming of Galactus a few weeks ago, and I've just bought X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills, which I've wanted to read. Marvel Pocketbooks are basically half-scale trade paperbacks. I'm not sure such small writing is good for my eyes, but they're only R79.95. (It says £3.99 on the back) I can't read it today cause I've got band practice, but I'm looking forward to reading it tomorrow. I'm just not sure that all the pocketbooks should be sitting in the 'Children's book' section…

Tomorrow Evening: Leslie Charteris on the drawbacks of the Saint's elastic timeline.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen those around, while my local Barnes and Noble has a regular graphic novel section, there are pocket books in the kids section, which is always funny. My father used to give me Fantastic Four ones of those.

    ReplyDelete