War of Kings is a blog dedicated to my favourite comic books, books, games and movies.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spoils of War - Better Late than Never

Cover to X-Men: Kingbreaker #2.

I know I had said that I would post a review on the new DotA - it's all typed up, but I forgot to post it. Rudi at the comics shop is trying to convince me to start playing the WoW TCG with him and some other guys, so I spent the evening looking at cards and it completly slipped my mind. I'll put it up tommorrow. But for now....

Well, I was right about Ink not being a mutant. However, the reveal of where his powers come from is...interesting. I hope they play this well, and we don't need another House of M to stop a whole slew of Inks. I'll keep watching this book as it seems to be on its way to becoming good. A late starter if there ever was one.

I don't feel so bad about not buying Worlds Apart any more, as it doesn't seem to be the advertised product so far. But I'll watch it too to see where it goes.

I am becoming increasinglyconvinced that Dark Reign is going to set up an X-Men vs Avengers summer crossover event. Read this interview with X-editor Nick Lowe and see if you agree. I was hoping that they were going to make War of Kings the big summer crossover, pushing the galactic books like Guardians and Nova firmly into the spotlight - but it seems WoK will be a 'secondary' event, like both Annihilations.

Thor's gonna jump from issue #12 to issue #600, like Avengers jumped to #500 before it was cancelled. It seems to me that they're trying to get the best of both worlds - launching a series with issue #1 and then jumping to a high anniverary issue, which, by the way, will cost you $5, less one cent. On the other hand, there will be an all-new story by Stan Lee in it. That might be worth $5.

Amazing Spider-Girl cancelled? Seems that One More Day didn't push up its sales after all.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm leaning towards building a Decon Markus Hallow deck, so I can play healer in raids (I like playing that role) but switch to shadow burn stuff if I need to in solo games - and also make use of the ally-cost-reducing abilities human heroes have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment